This position will provide support to the operations team of Midtown Fellowship.
- To support all building use functions
- To serve the staff and congregants by maintaining clean and organized facilities
- To provide logistical support for ministry and events at Midtown facilities
- Work under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (Julie Gilpin)
- Co-labor with Operations team and other staff
- The position is 30 hours a week
- Availability on occasional evenings and weekends
- Perform weekly cleaning and restocking at Midtown facilities. Includes but isn’t limited to sanctuary, Kidtown rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, offices and common areas.
- Setting up, tearing down and resetting rooms to support the facility use schedule. This may also include work on Saturdays and Sundays post weddings/funerals/events, etc.
- Setup/Reset sanctuary spaces each week prior to Sunday use
- Complete other handyman or building projects when directed by the COO and as time allows
Specific Attitudes and Requirements:
- Be a committed growing Christian who is aiming toward loving others by grace and who desires to grow in a lifestyle of repentance and faith. He/she should be willing to be discipled in the gospel.
- Must be a self-starter but also be able to work well under authority. Should be able to deal effectively with staff and leadership.
- Team player
- The person should be able to seek direction, confront and apologize. He/she should not normally hide mistakes or problems and should be willing to face difficulties and conflict with humility.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to be flexible
- May need to work on weekends
- Individual must have/be able to:
- Lift heavy items up to 50lbs
- Good attention to detail
- Identify maintenance or building issues
- A flexible schedule and be able to work on weekends
- Good communication
- Project management skills
- Self Direction
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Self Knowledge/Awareness
- Integrity & Trust
- Time Management