Midtown Fellowship Crieve Hall Kidtown Director works in partnership with the Crieve Hall Ministry Team to develop and implement an engaging children’s ministry that is gospel centered and ministers to both children and the families of Crieve Hall. Principally the Crieve Hall Kidtown Director is responsible for the weekly planning, coordination and leadership of the Kidtown Team that leads at the Crieve Hall congregation each Sunday.
Part-Time – 30 Hours/week
Labors under direct supervision of Crieve Hall Pastor, with professional assistance from Crieve Hall Executive Director
Scope and Description:
- To lead ages of children from babies through 5th grade at the Crieve Hall congregation.
- To disciple the covenant children of the congregation.
- To be an avenue for outreach to attending children’s families.
- To lead the body in seeing their vital role and responsibility in the covenant family that results in volunteer service, accountability and guidance to these children.
Specific Attitudes and Requirements:
- Be a committed growing Christian who is aiming toward loving others by grace and who desires to grow in a lifestyle of repentance and faith. Should be willing to be discipled in the gospel.
- Must be a self-starter and a visionary
- Must have gifts in the area of shepherding, leadership and teaching.
- Should be able to deal effectively with volunteers, staff and leadership.
- Team player
- Able to seek direction, confront and apologize. Should not normally hide mistakes or problems and should be willing to face difficulties and conflict with humility.
- Heart for the Kidtown ministry and understands children
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with parents, staff, session and children
- Holds to, understands and can teach covenant theology, reformed theology.
- Create the vision for the Kidtown ministry from babies through 5th grade
- Provide strategic planning, programming, and leadership to the ministry
- Coordinate the review and determination of curriculum with focus on covenantal/reformed theology.
- Develop and manage the budget for this ministry area.
- Recruit, train and staff volunteers.
- Recruit, train and oversee paid workers.
- Facilities and Equipment- determine needs, make purchases, and oversee maintenance.
- Evaluate volunteers and offer recommendations/commendations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and develop/train for emergency procedures.
- Communication to staff, body and volunteers concerning policy, procedures, curriculum, expectations of parents, nursery education/activity schedule, etc.
- Establish a KidCare model for infants through toddlers
- Create a KidChurch model (similar to Awana) for PreK through 5th grade