Midtown West Nashville Kidtown Director works in partnership with the congregation’s leadership to develop and implement a children’s ministry that is Gospel-centered and ministers to both children and the families of Midtown West. Principally the Kidtown Director is responsible for the strategic planning, coordination, and leadership of the Kidtown ministry at Midtown West.
Part-Time – 15 Hours/week, Salaried
Core Areas of Responsibility
Create & Lead the Kidtown Ministry at Midtown West Nashville
- Develop interdependence with congregational leadership and key volunteers in continual development and growth of Midtown West Kidtown.
- Manage the resources available to Kidtown: define needs, make purchases, maintain resources, etc.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures.
- With the help of congregational leadership and Kidtown cohort, find & implement a curriculum for Kidtown.
- Plan and prepare curriculum implementation weekly.
- Plan and execute Kidtown events that support the congregational ministry plan.
Develop the Structure for Identifying, Recruiting, & Mobilizing Kidtown Volunteers
- Create an organizational structure required to create a safe and loving Kidtown environment each week.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize Kidtown shepherds & paid assistants (if applicable) for Midtown West.
- Maintain Kidtown Shepherds handbook.
- Pray with, recast vision, and encourage Kidtown shepherds weekly before Kidtown.
Communicate with Staff, Volunteers, Families & Congregation
- Communicate volunteer needs, issues and concerns to Midtown West leadership promptly.
- Communicate to staff, body and volunteers Manage ongoing communication with Kidtown families, shepherds, and congregation concerning policy, procedures, curriculum, expectations of parents, nursery education/activity schedule, etc.
- Regularly share stories of celebration from the Kidtown ministry with the congregation.
Specific Attitudes & Skills:
- Has a thriving relationship with Christ
- Welcomes discipleship and development
- Must be a self-starter, vision drive, and detail oriented
- Cares for and understands children
- Gifted in shepherding, leadership and teaching
- Relationship-builder who can be effective in a highly relational environment
- Team player and team builder
- Willing to face difficulties and conflict with humility
- Excellent communication skills
- Holds to, understands and can teach covenant, reformed theology
- Co-labors with congregational leadership to create a Kidtown ministry that aligns with the vision & values of the congregation.
- Collaborates with other Midtown Kidtown directors to learn best practices & problem-solve issues.
- Attend weekly Midtown West weekly staff meetings and monthly Kidtown cohort meetings.
- Reports to the West Nashville pastor as it relates to objectives and personal development