Part-Time – 10 Hours/week
Labors under direct supervision of Crieve Hall Pastor, with professional assistance from Crieve Hall Executive Director
Scope and Description:
- To disciple the covenant children of the congregation ages infant through PreK
- To be an avenue for outreach to attending children’s families.
- To lead the body in seeing their vital role and responsibility in the covenant family that results in volunteer service, accountability and guidance to these children.
Specific Attitudes and Requirements:
- Be a committed growing Christian who is aiming toward loving others by grace and who desires to grow in a lifestyle of repentance and faith.
- Must be a self-starter and a visionary
- Must have gifts in the area of shepherding, leadership and creative arts
- Should be able to deal effectively with volunteers, staff and leadership.
- Team player
- Able to seek direction, confront and apologize. Should not normally hide mistakes or problems and should be willing to face difficulties and conflict with humility.
- Heart for the Kidtown ministry and understands children
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with parents, staff, session and children
- Holds to, understands and can teach covenant theology, reformed theology.
- Develop and manage the budget for this ministry area
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and materials for KidCare and KidChurch PreK
- Researching and/or writing a KidChurch PreK curriculum made of individual lessons that correspond with the mission and beliefs of Midtown Fellowship
- Prepping supplies and materials for KidCare and KidChurch PreK on a weekly basis – craft, game, snacks, etc.
- Recruiting volunteers to lead KidCare and KidChurch PreK (approx. 13 people per week)
- Setting up and prepping for KidCare and KidChurch PreK on Sunday mornings. Checking in with volunteers and ensuring they are supported and prepared
- Oversee the check-in / check-out process on Sunday mornings
- Encouraging and supporting KidCare and KidChurch PreK volunteers
- Regular meetings with Midtown staff to align on Kidtown and church-wide mission, vision, programs, and initiatives
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and develop/train for emergency procedures
- Communication to staff, body and volunteers concerning policy, procedures, curriculum, expectations of parents, etc.