12 South is partnering with Waverly Belmont Elementary school to help provide food care packs for some of their students over the upcoming Christmas break. WBE has around 80 students who may not have access to three meals a day when school is not in session. The food care packs are meant to help provide some simple non-perishable food options to help these families/students throughout the Christmas break.
How you can participate:
- Download and/or print the shopping list provided below. The cost of a single care pack will range from $25 – $40 depending on the brands and quantity of some of the items purchased.
- Use the shopping list as a guide and place the purchased items in a new store bought reusable shopping bag. All items should fit in a single bag. 1 Food Care Pack = 1 Bag
- Drop the food care pack off in Matt’s office at 12 South during normal weekly business hours (8am-4pm) or on 11/26, 12/3 and 12/10 by 1pm
*Note: The food care packs are not meant to provide daily meals but rather to help fill in holes over the Christmas break. Please stick to the shopping list. If you are tempted to overstuff a single care pack, know that it is more helpful to provide multiple care packs than it is to overstuff a single care pack. We’d love to provide them with 80 Christmas break Care Packs.
- New Reusable Shopping Bag (1 Bag = 1 Food Care Pack)
- Macaroni and cheese (1-2 boxes)
- Spaghetti noodles (1-2 boxes) and sauce (1-2 jars)
- Canned Tuna (2-4 5oz cans) and tuna helper (1-2 boxes)
- Canned soup or pasta (1-2 cans)
- Peanut butter (1 jar)
- Big box of cereal or oatmeal (1 box)
- Protein/granola bars (1-2 boxes)
- Peanut butter crackers (1 multi-pack)
- Shelf-stable milk (2 boxes) (this is a non-refergerated liquid milk. It is NOT powdered milk. Found typically near the powdered/dry milk in the baking aisle. “Dairy Pure” is the brand found at the 8th Ave. Kroger, oddly next to the marshmallows.)
Download Shopping List
Any questions can be directed to Matt Ockerman.