LATEST 12 SOUTH SERMON
Get the Ebulletin
Our bimonthly email has all the latest happenings at 12 South and in the Midtown movement.
Get the Midtown App
Subscribe to Our Podcast
OPPORTUNITIES TO GATHER FOR WORSHIP
Each Sunday we are hosting three services – 8:30am, 11am &morning 5pm. Each service is limited to 50 people each. Registration for each Sunday opens at 9am on Tuesday and closes at 12pm on Friday. If a service is full, please sign up on the waitlist in the event there are cancellations for that service.
Midtown Home Church
Would you considering inviting some friends, neighbors, other families or those you are quarantining with to worship with you on your back porch, in your driveway or even your living room?
ABOUT 12 SOUTH
At 12 South, our Sunday worship services are specifically designed for you to hear the Gospel. The Gospel message is of first importance for us. Jesus is the hero of the story and the centerpiece of the entire Bible. This is what it means to be Gospel centered: focused on who Jesus is, what He said, and what He did. The Gospel is at the center of everything we do.
Our 12 South congregation has its own dedicated pastor who works in union with the other Midtown pastors and a single leadership team that serves all congregations. Our hope is that 12 South would serve to create intimate venues for people to hear the gospel, build Christ-centered community and grow in maturity. We hope to be part of the kingdom of God coming to the neighborhood of 12 South.
Right now, Midtown is hosting three movement-wide services at 12 South at 8:30am, 11am, and 5pm. Learn more about our live services and register.
Learn more about What to Expect when you visit a Midtown congregation.
Updates from Elliott
Why Join a Discipleship Group?
Yes, now. Even in a global pandemic. We believe that consistent, intimate gatherings proclaiming the truth of the Gospel as it relates to our lives are the best environment to help us mature emotionally, spiritually, relationally and socially. We believe we need each other. Discipleship Groups are gatherings of 4-16 people, virtually or in-person, who are committed as a community to building relationships that support maturing in Christ together. Discipleship Groups use intentionally-designed discussion that is centered on God’s word and facilitated by a trained leader. The resulting community develops believers who are following Jesus and being changed by him, while equipping them to bring his message of Good News into their homes, workplaces, schools and neighborhoods.
- 4-16 people
- Various ages and stages of life
- Visitors welcome!
The Time & Place
- Meet weekly
- Group members’ homes or on-line platform
- Break for summer/winter season
Scripture from the current sermon series
We deeply value the students of Midtown and desire to minister to them in creative ways during this season. As we enter into the fall, we believe the next step for the Youth Ministry is for our small groups to gather in person on Sunday evenings. These gatherings will be outdoor, socially distanced small groups hosted by Youth families. We are excited to offer a space for weekly fellowship, worship, and time in God’s Word together! Stay tuned for more information.
Fall Small Group Nights:
September 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18
November 1, 8, 15, 22
We also want to create spaces for students and their family members to gather together this fall! We will be hosting three socially distanced Family Fellowship Nights this semester (8/30, 10/25, 12/6). These gatherings will be a great opportunity for families to engage with each other while also getting to safely interact with other Youth families! The theme for each Family Fellowship Night will be announced as we get closer to the date.
Please reach out to Shelby Walker for middle school or Taylor Kelly for high school with any questions about our fall program. If you would like to learn more about Midtown’s Youth ministry and/or sign up for our monthly Youth Update, please click HERE. If you would like to learn more about Midtown’s Youth ministry and/or sign up for our monthly Youth Update, please click HERE.Learn More
We love your children and want to continue to minister to them this fall. Because of the difficulty of regulating social distancing among children, we WILL NOT be offering Kidtown at any live service.
Midtown Home Church is a great option for families. You can host a Midtown Home Church by inviting friends, other families, neighbors or people you’ve been quarantining with to join you in watching the worship service. We will provide with a host kit and a Kidtown kit that include a Bible story book and activities for the kids in your Home Church. Get more details about Midtown Home Church.
Shelly Walker, our Kidtown Director, has been hosting Zoom calls, putting together activity boxes for families and even sending kids mail! Shoot her an email if you want to get your kids connected.
At Midtown Fellowship, we recognize that as we are transformed by the work of Jesus on our behalf we are compelled to become agents of this work in the lives of the people around us. We understand that loved people love people. The more we experience our own transformation, we cannot help but seek to encourage, support, and champion this process in the lives of the people around us. In this way, we seek to go on mission with Jesus for the sake of the world around us. We are compelled to act.
As we act, we are guided by our mission statement “To create a movement of gospel transformation through multiple congregations”. This statement guides our efforts in two specific ways as we seek to live missionally in the world around us.
- Gospel Transformation: We believe it is a primary responsibility of the church to “equip the saints for works of ministry” (Ephesians 4). That means we focus much of our energy on training our people to understand who they are, what they have, and how to leverage all of that in order to impact the places where God has specifically called them.
- Multiple Congregations: We believe God has called us as congregations to the neighborhoods and communities, where we meet. We desire to step into these areas not only to serve as a place for spiritual growth but for emotional and physical growth as well. Its a tangible place for us to be the physical representation of our God to individuals in these communities.
We invite you to start living missionally. If you have questions about how to get involved please email Matt Ockerman.
WAYS TO SERVE AT 12 SOUTH
These are opportunities where we invite all of our people to live missionally – as youth, families and groups.
- Kidtown – Serving in our children’s ministry not only blesses the children but also the families of Midtown 12 South. Those volunteering in Kidtown serve typically once every 5-6 weeks (more often if you desire) during one of the Sunday services. The ministry cares for nursery-5th grade in one of several classes. Shelly Walker, 12 South Kidtown Director, would love to help get you connected in serving in Kidtown.
- Welcome Team – The Welcome Team tends to be one of the first interactions someone attending service has as they arrive. Those serving on the Welcome Team help greet those arriving for service, assist visitors with any questions and also help find open seats as the sanctuary fills up. If you are interested in serving on the Welcome Team, reach out to Matt Ockerman.
- Visuals Team – The Visuals Team runs the slides on the screen at all three services. No particular technology skills are required. If you have a heart for assisting the congregation as they enter to worship each Sunday.If you are interested in serving on the Visuals Team, reach out to Matt Ockerman.
- Worship – If you are a musician or sound technician, Matt Ockerman would love to meet you to see if there is a place to serve on the Worship Team. Email Matt Ockerman to set up a meeting.
- Giving – Read more about why we give and how giving is an act of mission.
WAYS TO SERVE IN OUR COMMUNITY
As we equip, God leads members of our congregations into specific areas, people groups and intervention strategies. If you would like to connect with others who might share your passions: